Everyday I watch the birds on my porch, I watch them eat, drink from the fountain, chat with each other and sometimes even fight over the food. Birds aren't much different than people, they have community, they seem to have a social life always together, when one comes then more are to follow. I can even hear them calling when I go out with the food, almost summoning the others that food is ready! I love them, I love the peace they bring, I love that they can soar to see things at a high level. Large birds like eagles can even rise above the storm. When it rains sometimes I see the mourning doves sitting under my deck furniture just patiently waiting it out. I find so much inspiration and peace in watching them. Why can't life be as simple for all of us, we commune, we socialize, sometimes we argue, but the next day we gather and eat together. We can either rise above the storm or peacefully wait it out, knowing "this too shall pass". I know I get my 'feathers' all ruffled as the smallest of inconveniences, I long for simple times and simple things, so much joy and peace lies there. The idiom, "for the birds" refers to trivial things, stupidity and foolishness. When in reality, in so many ways, birds have things figured out that we don't, humans make fun of what they don't understand to inflate their own sense of grandeur. Perhaps we should learn from them, take a "birds eye view" of our own lives and realize we can't see everything we wish we could.
No comments:
Post a Comment