Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Liar Liar Pants on Fire

"Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me"

Honesty, faithfulness and trust are the things that any relationship must be built upon to stand a fighting chance. The very things that are so vital to the survival of a budding relationship are the very things that are withheld until they are "earned." My mantra has always been to be up front and honest without holding back, sometimes it works out in my favor, and sometimes it dosent... It really all depends on who your talking to, and their willingness to divulge. The problem with being honest, is that I can spot dishonesty in a nano-second, and its there my friend that we have a problem,..

Tell just one lie and it isn't long before you have discovered that you have told and entire nest of lies just to cover up your original one, and there I will be watching you squirm like a fly trapped to the web you flew into. Before you realize it, you won't even remember what your initial story was even about! Lying is all encompassing, and can take over you like a fungus. Let it get out of hand and you wont even be able to recognize yourself anymore. Once you choose to become a "liar" you choose to become a different person entirely and leave the shell of who you once were. I hate lying more than I hate cheap shoes, it repulses me, and causes me to lose respect instantly for the person. Once I realize I have been lied to, I literally cannot believe anything else that they tell me and it hurts because I know there will never be a full circle of trust between me and them.

We think just because we don't see the repercussions immediately we think we never will, right? God, karma, Allah, Tom Cruise, whatever you choose to pray to or believe in will come back to bite you in the ass eventually, and let me tell you, you will be wishing it was just your mom trying to spank you with a wooden spoon. Adult repercussions are way worse, they can destroy friendships, relationships and even marriages. Truth be told, lying isn't worth it.



1 comment:

Faith H. Tydings said...

I think this is a totally relatable subject to anyone who's ever been deceived by someone else. I hope all the liars out there read this and think twice before they suck anyone else into their self-districting web and I pray (not to Tom Cruise) that I always show the utmost respect to my friends by being honest.